background


Friday, April 16, 2010

Appliances




We do have all of our new appliances! Yeah! Of course we loved our Kitchen Aid appliances at our old house...so we wanted to get them again. All of our appliances were from Taylors in Riverside. The microwave we used to have is no longer available... so that was the toughest for me. I had a hard time finding one I really liked. We ended up with a microwave-convection oven. It looks like a real oven, just smaller inside. Our range is amazing. We got a great deal because it was a "close out" model. I have always wanted a professional type range. I love the look of them... especially the big knobs. There are a few scratches because it was a floor model... but the money I saved was worth it!

Our dishwasher was a great deal too! That comes with a bit of a story. We loved our double drawer dishwasher and of course were very spoiled by it at our old house. Eric and I don't want any other kind. However, they have changed the model a bit, and the drawers don't fit the dishes as easily. We were concerned by this. But, they had the dishwasher we wanted that was returned because the owners plates didn't fit. I guess they had 13 inch plates. We measured our plates, and my mom's plates which were 10-11 inches, so we figured we would be fine. They gave us a great deal on the dishwasher!!!! I was soooo excited because I wanted to keep my dishwasher when we sold our house. Then, when they delivered it.... our plates didn't fit! BOO HOO! WHat??? I sent it back... I emailed kitchen aid. They said that the plates should fit at an angle. I didn't try that... but our old dishwasher held our plates just fine! Eric tried it out.. and he said our plates fit fine at an angle. So weeks later.. we decided to keep the dishwasher after all! Above is a picture of the plates fitting at an angle...

We also got a cute little 2 drawer fridge for our "beverage bar". It is fancy! It was also a close out but not exactly cheap! I'm very excited about it because I intend to put drinks and snack for easy access for the kids and guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment