background


Monday, March 15, 2010

Soffits



Kitchen DEMO:

Eric has been working on the demo. of the kitchen. He got all of the soffits down, and pulled out the corner base cabinet on Saturday with some help from my dad. On Sunday, he pulled out the island. Luckily, his dad showed up at the right time to help him transport it out of the house. He took the island out in one big piece...and intends on taking it apart outside. We are getting some estimates this week for new cabinets!!! Hopefully, we can get things moving. What did he find in the soffits.... chewed up macademia nuts. Their were some critters living in the walls awhile back. Luckily they are not still living there... but their poop is!!! Yuck.

On Saturday, I was peeling off more wallpaper ... with the help of my new heat gun. (and my mom too) Unfortunately, I left it on the counter while Eric was doing demo and he got a small burn... sorry babe! I just has surgery last week and had my gallbladder removed, and have not been able to do much. On Saturday, I was feeling more energetic and so was removing wallpaper. However, it turns out my body was not so happy. I had pizza for dinner.. my first time in awhile and the combination of grease and doing too much was not good. My body hurt like I was in labor for a couple of hours and the pain killers did not help. OUCH!

Sunday I was instructed by my husband to not do anything. So...I drew plans for the kitchen.






2 comments:

  1. I hope he is wearing eye protections when he is smashing up the tile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I have browsed most of your posts. This post is probably where I got the most useful information for my research. Thanks for posting, maybe we can see more on this. Are you aware of any other websites on this subject. Home Design

    ReplyDelete