background


Saturday, May 1, 2010

Wood Floors




In the pictures: A example of the wood pile.. one of them and Nate getting serious about the wood floor removal.
We have to get the wood floors pulled out before the kitchen cabinets put in. The wood floors were in the entry way and dining room of the house. We decided to take them out because we wanted to put wood floors in the kitchen too, and we wanted to have the distressed wood with a different color. We were going to try to salvage the wood, but soon found it easily split when lifted. However, as the wood came up, it was easier to get other pieces out without as much damage. We were able to get some of it out without completely destroying them. I don't think it will be enough to put in Jim and Dixie's house, but I think we will use it for a playhouse or something small.
Last Saturday, my new brother-in-law Nate (Amy's new husband) came over and helped us pull out some of the wood floors. That was very helpful, as it is a very time consuming and tiring thing to do.
During the week, (this week) Eric and I continued pulling out the wood whenever we had a chance. It is now almost out. My dad and I worked on pulling nails out of the wood (which I was not very good at) and finding a place to stack it nicely if we do re-use it. There is still a huge pile with nails in the backyard of ones I thought we'd get rid of. But, I think we may be able to save some of those to and just cut off the split parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment